Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Quilling

I always try to find new materials to work with, and paper is definitely on my top list.
I came across “Quilling” a while ago, and I wanted to incorporate it somehow in one of my school projects, but didn’t find the right one for it. And I’m glad I waited, because now I have a great opportunity to use it for, and I can illustrate a whole book using this technique. I will try to blog about the project for the next few weeks, about ideas, process work and final product.
Below you can find more information on quilling and a few pictures with some beautiful designs.

“Quilling or paper filigree is an art form that involves the use of strips of paper that are rolled, shaped, and glued together to create decorative designs. The paper is wound around a quill to create a basic coil shape. The paper is glued at the tip and the coil shaped, these shaped coils are arranged to form flowers, leaves, and various ornamental patterns similar to ironwork.” read more




3 comments:

  1. Wow! They look great! just started quilling and how amazing that you can do so much! Your work looks so complete......Keep it up :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing, I never thought of quilling as an art form until I saw these. So beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, amazing!
    I've never heard of this art form, but after this I'll defenetly try this!

    ReplyDelete