Sunday, September 11, 2011

IRAQ – Dreams will keep us alive



This image is part of a school project as well. The project was to recreate a page magazine, as well as the imagery for it.

The article is about two Iraqi soldiers talking about their dreams and what their plans are when they're going to return home. One of the soldiers mentions that he always dreams about scuba diving, so I wanted to capture that into the image.

Because I wanted to go for a realistic feel and use photography, but I wasn't able to shoot my own pictures of helicopters, soldiers, scuba divers, ocean, and so on, my option was to use stock photography. I created the image in Photoshop using about ten different pictures combined with different effects. The layout for the composition was intended to show the “reality” (the war) at the top, and the “dream” (scuba diving) at the bottom, while the colour giving the feel of a “bad dream” vs “nice dream”.

No comments:

Post a Comment